Back

Binn

The Binntal is a southern side valley of the Rhone Valley in the district of Goms. It is known as a mineral and hiking paradise and has been a nature reserve since 1964. Several hamlets in Binn are classified as sites of national importance. Binn’s capital is home to the Bogenbrücke arch bridge, which was built in 1564 and is situated next to the Chapel of St. Anthony. The parish church of St. Michael is located in the hamlet of Wilere, and was built in 1560.

The municipality of Binn lies at an altitude of 1,400m above sea level and has 140 inhabitants. Binn has always been committed to maintaining its school system, and still has its own school today, attended by 12 pupils.

As part of the Binntal Landscape Park, the municipality attracts many guests in summer. There are eight restaurants ready to welcome you during the tourist season, including the Swiss Historic Hotel Ofenhorn, built in 1886 and now owned by the Pro Binntal Cooperative. Binn has a grocery store, two mineral shops, a mineral-grinding workshop, a wood-carving shop and a carpenter’s workshop. Four full-time farmers are engaged in dairy farming and several alpine meadows are kept trim by cows and sheep in summer.

 

Altitude:
1'400  (m. above sea level)
Number of inhabitants (as of 31.12.2017)
140
Languages of municipal administration:
German
Travel time by car to/from Visp:
44 min
DDistance by car to/from Visp:
36 km

Gemeinde Binn
Dorfstrasse 11
3996 Binn

Phone: +41 (0)27 971 46 20
gemeinde@binn.ch
www.binn.ch/gemeinde